Monday, May 6, 2019

Did Arya just tell us that the Waif killed her?


Potential Spoilers Below

I just caught it last night so I don’t want to hear about anyone saying I moved any goal post.  But it seems like Arya just told us that she died and the “Lord of Light” aka the Night King aka the COTF brought her back.  This is the conversation.  I don’t have screen shots

The Hound was riding away from Winterfell as he looks up and see’s Arya approaching

Hound: For fucks sake.
Arya: On your own
Hound: Not anymore.  I don’t like crowds.
Arya: Me neither
Hound: Why not?  They all love you now.  You’re the big hero.
Arya: Don’t like heroes.
Hound: It must have felt good sticking a knife in that horned fucker.
Arya: Felt better than dying.  You’re heading to King’s Landing?
Hound: I have some unfinished business.
Arya: Me too.
Hound: I don’t plan on coming back.
Arya: Neither do I.
Hound: Gonna leave me to die again if I get hurt?
Arya: Probably

Does this suggest that Arya was indeed killed by the Waif and was brought back to life?  It appears that she may have been the vessel that the Night King jumped into after all.  We do know that Arya is a warg.  It appears now she had the ability to become a three-eyed crow also.  So, now when she kills Jaime, and eventually takes his face, he will become the second failed attempt to kill the Night King.  She will eventually meet up with Jon Snow who I believe is her (the Night King’s) next and final transfer point.  When Jon Snow (as the Night King) kills Dany, it will essentially make the Night King Azor Ahai.  He kills himself as Arya who was forged in water when she jumped into the river, he will kill the metaphorical lion when he kills Jaime and will plunge the heart into Nissa Nissa when he as Jon Snow kills Dany.  When they place Jon Snow on the Iron Throne, they will crown the Night King Lord of the Seven Kingdoms.  Irony at its best!  Sad part Arya will most likely die again after her purpose is served.  But before that occurs she will kill Cersei using Jaime's face.

Note:  I am adding this addendum after the fact:


Here is how I think the Night King’s touch and transfer warg works.  He touches a person and then he basically puts you under a compulsion spell where you can’t fight him when he eventually takes you over and transfers himself into you.  I come to this conclusion because of the Varamyr Sixskins chapter.  He tried taking over Thistle but she fought back.  It was also stated in that chapter that since she wasn’t a warg like him that he feared that he would lose his abilities and just be normal but at least he would still be alive.  He can only transfer himself to an individual who has the same abilities as he does unless he loses his gift entirely.  He transfers himself when you are within range of him.  He touched Bran within the “wolf dream” for lack of a better word and then he was from that moment on under his compulsion spell.  When Arya jumped out of the bushes or tree or whatever you call it, he touched her and thus she was under his compulsion as well via his touch.  Before he was killed (body shattered) he transferred himself to Bran.  I would say after Bran told Sansa and Arya about Jon’s true heritage the Night King transferred himself to Arya from Bran.  Arya will now head to King’s Landing where we will see her touch Jon and thus placing him under the same compulsion spell.  Later when Jon is within range and she maybe she lay dying as her purpose will have been fulfilled, she will transfer into Jon and his purpose will be fulfilled.  

Comments encouraged.  Love to hear the idea’s of others.  Most believe that since I present my idea’s as “fact like” I’m not open to change my viewpoints which is far from the truth.  I simply look at the information presented and go from there.  If you can shine a light on another way of thinking that opens the door to debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment