Saturday, February 16, 2019

Why the Children of the Forest are R’hllor (aka the Lord of Light)


Potential Spoilers Below

I keep telling everyone that similarities between The Wheel of Time (TWOT) and A Song of Ice and Fire (ASOIAF) are vast even if there are those out there that say otherwise.  Another of those similarities is how I come to the conclusion that the Children of the Forest (COTF) are in fact R’hllor.  Their inspiration comes from the Children of the Light in TWOT.  Anyone who has read my blog knows that I believe that the similarities follow up to a point and then they take a 180 degree turn to make it unique. Both the Children of the Light and the Children of the Forest are referred to as “the Children”.  Where the Children of the Light were for the most part of the book to the hero’s considered belonging to the “dark side” they ended up fighting for the light in the end.  In ASOIAF those who follow R’hllor consider him the antithesis of the Great Other and the two are locked in eternal battle for the fate of the world.  If you believe as I do and think that the COTF are pulling a fast one and peddling visions to their followers through R’hllor then they are the Lord of Light.  Hence why I believe that the Children of the Forest equal the Children of R’hllor or the Children of the Light.  You can click here to see more on why I believe that  the COTF equate to R’hllor.


Comments encouraged.  Love to hear the idea’s of others.  Most believe that since I present my idea’s as “fact like” I’m not open to change my viewpoints which is far from the truth.  I simply look at the information presented and go from there.  If you can shine a light on another way of thinking that opens the door to debate.


No comments:

Post a Comment