Saturday, May 28, 2016

Why I believe Daenerys is “Breaking Bad.”

Potential Spoilers Below



Again this is all based upon the Wheel of Time (TWOT). Daenerys is an anagram for Rand's eye.  This is the latest bit of information that I have discovered that points at her following the path of her father the Mad King.  But like Melisandre, peering into the flames, I could be misinterpreting the information and she could end up being the savior as both her and Jon Snow have the characteristics of Rand al’Thor, the Dragon Reborn.


The Mad King
Melisandre peering into her fires
Jon Snow

The Dragon's Fang is an ancient symbol, though its original meaning has been forgotten by present-day people.

The Dragon's Fang placed on someone's door as a sign of being associated with the Dark One.
In the Age of Legends, the Dragon's Fang, along with the Flame of Tar Valon, was part of the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai. Since the Breaking and the splitting of the Aes Sedai to remove the men, the Dragon's Fang has taken on an evil meaning. A common use is to be scrawled on someone's door as an accusation of evil or as a curse. It is no longer connected with male channelers by the common person, and its origins are lost to common knowledge by the passing of years, but superstition still regards the Fang as an omen of evil or ill luck.


“It was the fear of dragons, and of their presence, that gave birth to The Shepherd. Who he was we cannot say, as his name is lost to history. Some suppose he was a poor beggar, others that he might have been one of the Poor Fellows who, though outlawed, still stubbornly haunted the realm. Whoever he was, he began to preach in the Cobbler’s Square, saying that the dragons were demons, the spawn of godless Valyria, and the doom of men. Scores listened—then hundreds, then thousands. Fear begat anger, and anger begat a thirst for blood. And when the Shepherd announced that the city would be saved only when the city was cleansed of dragons, people listened.”

Remember when they were that small
Kids grow up so quick
I personally think that the Shepherd was Bran.  He is trying to make things right throughout history of their world and this was just one of several attempts.  Note: In TWOT Rand al’Thor is referred to as a “Sheep Herder”.

In the end of the series Rand switches bodies with Moridin.  Rand’s body dies and Moridin lives.  Everyone believes that Rand is dead except for Alivia who was destined to help him die, meaning she would help him disappear, and his wives, Elayne, Aviendha and Min, with whom he is linked with via a warder bondCadsuane discovered the truth when she saw Moridin leaving.

Moridin
Rand and his wives
Cadsuane
Rand awakens after his battle with Moridin and the following occurs:

“A mirror, he thought.

I need a mirror.

He found one beyond the next partition of the tent. Apparently, he’d been left completely alone.
He held up the candle, looking into the small mirror. Moridin’s face looked back at him.

Rand touched his face, feeling it. In his right eye hung a single saa, black, shaped like the dragon’s fang. It didn’t move.”

So it is from this that I am saying that Daenerys is going to Break Bad.  Rand had the “Dragon’s Fang” in his eye at the end which was associated as being evil for 90% of the series.  I am going out on a limb to say that GRRM is using the anagram of her name, Rand’s eye, to let us know that she was marked for evil from the beginning.  You put this together with the Shepherd trying to eradicate dragons and Daenerys being the “Mother of Dragons” during this age and it is her that they will need to stamp out.

The other possibility is that Jon and Daenerys are the yin/yang to each other and both of them together are Azor Ahai.  I could see it happening but I don’t think it will.



Comments encouraged.  Love to hear the idea's of others.  Most believe that since I present my idea's as "fact like" I'm not open to change my viewpoints which as far from the truth.  I simply look at the information presented and go from there.  If you can shine a light on another way of thinking that opens the door to debate.

5 comments:

  1. “I thought I could build, Lews Therin murmured in his head. I was wrong. We are not builders, not you, or I, or the other one. We are destroyers. Destroyers. Rand shivered, and scrubbed his hands through his hair. The other one? At times, the voice sounded sanest when it was the most mad.”


    “It’s not fair,” Nynaeve whispered. “Why should he die, when the other one gets better?”

    Moridin's body is getting better while Rand's dies

    Note: The “other one” that Lews Therin refers to I could never say for certain. Could it truly mean Moridin as that is how Nynaeve refers to him also?




    “When your dragons were small they were a wonder. Grown, they are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.”

    Note: Xaro Xhoan Daxos refers to the dragons as “death and devastation”




    “She dreamed. All her cares fell away from her, and all her pains as well, and she seemed to float upward into the sky. She was flying once again, spinning, laughing, dancing, as the stars wheeled around her and whispered secrets in her ear. “To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward, you must go back. To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.”

    “Quaithe?” Dany called. “Where are you, Quaithe?”

    Then she saw. Her mask is made of starlight.

    “Remember who you are, Daenerys,” the stars whispered in a woman’s voice. “The dragons know. Do you?”

    Note: What has Daenerys forgotten? This even sounds menacing to me.



    “If I tell you, they may need to kill you too.” Marywn smiled a ghastly smile, the juice of the sourleaf running red between his teeth. “Who do you think killed all the dragons the last time around? Gallant dragonslayers armed with swords?” He spat. “The world the Citadel is building has no place in it for sorcery or prophecy or glass candles, much less for dragons. Ask yourself why Aemon Targaryen was allowed to waste his life upon the Wall, when by rights he should have been raised to archmaester. His blood was why. He could not be trusted. No more than I can.”

    Note: Archmaester Marywn also tells us that it was the maesters who killed the dragons the last time around.



    Daenerys name is an anagram of Rand’s eye. Rand was in Moridin’s body who was evil and tied to the Dark One. Rand’s eye at this point contained the dragon’s fang which was known as a mark of the Dark One. The Sheperd and the Maesters were said to rid the world of dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can also take the opposite viewpoint and say that Daenerys could be the savior / Azor Ahai. Rand’s eye contained the dragon’s fang which was now known as the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai with both the male and female halves working in conjunction for good. The “other one” in this case could take on a whole new meaning in that Lews Therin heard both Rand’s voice and the “other one’s” voice in his head. Could that voice be that of a connected part of himself tied to a different world. Since he was talking about being able build but ultimately they were destroyers could he not have been talking of Daenerys. At this point in the story Daenerys has tried to build a lasting government but destruction always seems to take hold. I always thought that the “other one” was Jon but it could be Daenerys. I’m not trying to hedge my bets but covering all the possibilities. We will just have to see how GRRM decides to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had it, I would bet large sums of money that this is where the books and television show will diverge. I think GRRM is setting up the CotF to be his ultimate villians, while DB & DW are setting Dany up to be their ultimate villain.

      My reasoning is based on your theories that you've already covered in other posts. GRRM has stated numerous times that his outcome will be bittersweet. I think for the most part, that will be Jon sacrificing himself somehow in the books to leave Tyrion to rule (based on another theory of the meaning of the characters' names). In the show, Jon and Dany will ultimately battle, with Tyrion somehow surviving and playing a major role going forth.

      Delete
    2. What up. Just saw your response. Yes definitely see Tyrion ruling at the end. They have foreshadowed it just too much for it not to be so at the end. I never saw Jon or Dany being rulers anywhere. I was busy putting together my ideas when I think I just figured out the secret to the crypt of Winterfell. I wasn't even planning on writing about that when the idea just hit me. Check it out tell me what you think. I don't get a lot of feedback on my blog as if you post a link you get banned for spam when I am only trying to share my ideas. Later. It fits with you saying Jon sacrificing himself.

      Delete
  3. I thought I had placed this thought here but maybe I just did it elsewhere. For posterity sake I am jotting it down now: If Daenerys truly goes off the ranch then it will be Tyrion who will have to kill her.

    ReplyDelete