Saturday, March 30, 2019

Another candidate for who could kill Varys


Potential Spoilers Below















My first assumption is that it will be Dany because she gave him the circumstance under which she would burn him alive.  Now after I re-read another passage, I think it could happen another way.  What if Tyrion turns out to be the one to betray Dany and not Varys?  Tyrion and Varys have become fast friends but if he were a traitor and Varys found out would he murder his friend to keep his secret.  I say he would.  Below are descriptions of Tyrion talking of him in similar tones (is it foreshadowing what is to come)?


“Someone told me that the night is dark and full of terrors. What do you see in those flames?”

Dragons,” Moqorro said in the Common Tongue of Westeros. He spoke it very well, with hardly a trace of accent. No doubt that was one reason the high priest Benerro had chosen him to bring the faith of R’hllor to Daenerys Targaryen. “Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of all.”

“Snarling? An amiable fellow like me?” Tyrion was almost flattered. And no doubt that is just what he intends. Every fool loves to hear that he’s important. “Perhaps it was Penny you saw. We’re almost of a size.”



Varys smiled. “Here, then. Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less.”

“So power is a mummer’s trick?”

“A shadow on the wall,” Varys murmured, “yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow.”

Tyrion smiled. “Lord Varys, I am growing strangely fond of you. I may kill you yet, but I think I’d feel sad about it.”


Will Tyrion kill Varys to cover up his betrayal of Dany after Varys discovers it?  Could it be he that says “Dracarys” while riding a dragon instead of Dany as I originally thought?

Click here to see why I thought it would be Dany who would kill Varys.

Comments encouraged.  Love to hear the idea’s of others.  Most believe that since I present my idea’s as “fact like” I’m not open to change my viewpoints which is far from the truth.  I simply look at the information presented and go from there.  If you can shine a light on another way of thinking that opens the door to debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment