Sunday, July 2, 2017

Who will be the "Stark in Winterfell" that leads the Kings of Winter?

Potential Spoilers Below

There must always be a Stark in Winterfell IMO to lead the Old Kings of Winter after the Horn of Winter is blown and they rise from the crypts.  They have to have someone to follow so who might that be?  We have 3 choices right now: Jon Snow, Sansa or Arya.

Sansa - Jon Snow - Arya

Horn of Winter
 Will it be Jon Snow?:

“Do you ever find anyone in your dream?” Sam asked.

Sam
Jon shook his head. “No one. The castle is always empty.” He had never told anyone of the dream, and he did not understand why he was telling Sam now, yet somehow it felt good to talk of it. “Even the ravens are gone from the rookery, and the stables are full of bones. That always scares me. I start to run then, throwing open doors, climbing the tower three steps at a time, screaming for someone, for anyone. And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. It’s black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down. Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don’t want to. I’m afraid of what might be waiting for me. The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but it’s not them I’m afraid of. I scream that I’m not a Stark, that this isn’t my place, but it’s no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way. It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream.” He stopped, frowning, embarrassed. “That’s when I always wake.”

Jon knows deep down he’s not a Stark, plus they’ve already crowned him the King in the North which is a little too obvious, but he will have to finish the dream in real life in order to find out who he really is.  Click here: Who is Jon?

I am The Sword in the Darkness

He also has a secondary destiny that may be more important:  Click here: What is Jon’s other destiny?


So, IMO Jon Snow is eliminated as to being the Stark in Winterfell to lead the Kings of Winter.

The choice that everyone probably picked was Jon but now that leaves us with Sansa and Arya.  The following conversation eliminates one the remaining two:

“He was going to be a knight,” Arya was saying now. “A knight of the Kingsguard. Can he still be a knight?”

“No,” Ned said. He saw no use in lying to her. “Yet someday he may be the lord of a great holdfast and sit on the king’s council. He might raise castles like Brandon the Builder, or sail a ship across the Sunset Sea, or enter your mother’s Faith and become the High Septon.” But he will never run beside his wolf again, he thought with a sadness too deep for words, or lie with a woman, or hold his own son in his arms.

Bran the Builder a cripple
A coincidence?  I think not
Arya cocked her head to one side. “Can I be a king’s councillor and build castles and become the High Septon?”

“You,” Ned said, kissing her lightly on the brow, “will marry a king and rule his castle, and your sons will be knights and princes and lords and, yes, perhaps even a High Septon.”

Arya screwed up her face. “No,” she said, “that’s Sansa.” She folded up her right leg and resumed”

To me this line from the first book eliminates Sansa as being the Stark in Winterfell besides I believe she has a destiny of her own.  Click here: What is Sansa’s destiny?

So that leaves Arya.  When you think about it she is the one out doing what needed to be done from the beginning.  Book one set the tone for all the characters if you just look at the words closely.  I believe this conversation between her and Ned set the scene on her being a bad ass from the beginning:

“Lord Eddard Stark sighed. “My nine-year-old daughter is being armed from my own forge, and I know nothing of it. The Hand of the King is expected to rule the Seven Kingdoms, yet it seems I cannot even rule my own household. How is it that you come to own a sword, Arya? Where did you get this?”

Ned with Arya
 Arya chewed her lip and said nothing. She would not betray Jon, not even to their father.

After a while, Father said, “I don’t suppose it matters, truly.” He looked down gravely at the sword in his hands. “This is no toy for children, least of all for a girl. What would Septa Mordane say if she knew you were playing with swords?”

Septa Mordane
“I wasn’t playing,” Arya insisted. “I hate Septa Mordane.”

“That’s enough.” Her father’s voice was curt and hard. “The septa is doing no more than is her duty, though gods know you have made it a struggle for the poor woman. Your mother and I have charged her with the impossible task of making you a lady.”

“I don’t want to be a lady!” Arya flared.

“I ought to snap this toy across my knee here and now, and put an end to this nonsense.”

Needle wouldn’t break,” Arya said defiantly, but her voice betrayed her words.”

Arya with Needle
“It has a name, does it?” Her father sighed. “Ah, Arya. You have a wildness in you, child. ‘The wolf blood,’ my father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch. It brought them both to an early grave.” Arya heard sadness in his voice; he did not often speak of his father, or of the brother and sister who had died before she was born. “Lyanna might have carried a sword, if my lord father had allowed it. You remind me of her sometimes. You even look like her.”

Lyanna
So it is Arya when all is said and done who will be the one to lead the Old Kings of Winter into battle in “The Great War”.  Jon will take point as Azor Ahai and Sansa will clean up the mess in King’s Landing before it all gets out of hand.


Comments encouraged.  Love to hear the idea’s of others.  Most believe that since I present my idea’s as “fact like” I’m not open to change my viewpoints which is far from the truth.  I simply look at the information presented and go from there.  If you can shine a light on another way of thinking that opens the door to debate.

3 comments:

  1. Eu tenho a mesma impressão que isso vai acontecer no final! Sou fã de #AryaStark Sem dúvida, Game of Thrones é a melhor série de ficção dos nossos tempos. Agora, com o final desta sétima temporada estou além animada, e eu quero para ser lançado o penúltimo capítulo. Acho que a trama é muito boa, é uma das minhas series preferidas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Eles dizem que as grandes mentes pensam tanto, lol. Parece que você gosta do show tanto quanto eu. O que você acha dessa temporada? Usei o google tradutor para ler sua resposta e respondi, então espero que esteja certo.

      Delete
  2. Another reason why I believe that Arya will rule Winterfell:

    http://imgur.com/a/F3Gyi

    ReplyDelete