Saturday, August 19, 2017

The Trap is Set

Potential Spoilers Below


The character Moridin springs his trap on Rand al’Thor in a cavern during the Last Battle.  Everything to me in ASOIAF is heading towards a final showdown in a cavern; Bran’s cavern beneath the Crypts of Winterfell.  Moridin is also described as a man with shockingly blue eyes who when Rand see’s him, while covered with dust, he describes him as looking like a king.  This to me is why the Night King has blue eyes.  Rand al’Thor’s characteristics are too vast to portray with a single character so in ASOIAF IMO he was broken up between Jon Snow, Daenerys and now Bran.  You will have to read my blog and see how his attributes are broken up among these ASOIAF characters.

Moridin - shockingly blue eye


The Last Battle

Doesn't this mountain look like the mountain near the Last Battle?

Jon Snow

Daenerys

Bran Snow

Moridin springs his trap

Nynaeve glanced at Rand, who was still locked in stasis with Moridin, then approached the woman. The greater number of stalagmites here meant that Nynaeve could crawl more safely, the stones blocking the pull of the nothingness.


Nynaeve reached the woman. She was chained to the wall. “Alanna?” Nynaeve shouted over the wind. “Light, what are you doing here?”

Alanna
The Aes Sedai blinked reddened eyes at Nynaeve. Her eyes stared dully, as if she had no mind. As Nynaeve examined the woman, she noticed that the entire left side of Alanna’s body was bloodied from a knife wound to the gut. Light! Nynaeve should have known that from the paleness of the woman’s face.

Why stab her and leave her here? She bonded Rand, Nynaeve realized. Oh, Light. It was a trap. Moridin had left Alanna bleeding, then confronted Rand. When Alanna died, Rand—as her Warder—would be driven mad with rage, making him easy for Moridin to destroy.”



“Nynaeve pressed her hand against Alanna’s wound, feeling helpless. Dared she call for Rand to release her from the circle? If she did, Moridin would undoubtedly turn on her and attack Alanna.

What to do? If this woman died, Rand would lose control. That, likely, would be the end of him . . . and of the Last Battle.”




“You don’t matter any longer, Elan,” Rand said, the torrent of saidin raging within him. “Let us finish this!”

“I don’t?” Moridin laughed.

Then he spun and threw the knife at Alanna.


Nynaeve watched in horror as the knife spun through the air. The winds didn’t touch it for some reason.

No! After she had coaxed the woman back to life. I cannot lose her now! Nynaeve tried to catch the knife or block it, but she moved just a hair too slowly.

The knife buried itself in Alanna’s breast.

Nynaeve looked at it, horrified. This was not a wound that sewing and herbs could heal. That blade hit the heart.

“Rand! I need the One Power!” Nynaeve cried.

“Its ... all right . . .” Alanna whispered.

Nynaeve looked at the woman's eyes. She was lucid. The andilay, Nynaeve realized, remembering the herb she’d used to give the woman strength. It brought her out of her stupor. It awakened her.

“I can . . ” Alanna said. “I can release him . . .”

The light faded from her eyes.

Nynaeve looked at Moridin and Rand. Rand glanced at the dead woman with pity and sorrow, but Nynaeve saw no rage in his eyes. Alanna had released the bond before Rand could feel the effects of her death.”



The Night King springs his trap 

The Night King seems to have similar abilities as Bran.  Is he also a greenseer or does he have a glass candle?  Are they just opposite sides of the same coin?  It seems he knew exactly what Jon and crew would do.  He allowed Gendry to escape so that he could send a raven to Danaerys and then he just waited for her to arrive.

Night King - shockingly blue eyes

Gendry runs for help



He sat and waited

Like Moridin throwing the knife the Night King threw an ice javelin and struck his target; the light fading from the eyes of his target.  IMO, he knows that the bond that Daenerys shares with her dragons and the death of one would drive her mad with rage, making her easy for him to destroy.

He strikes his target

Light fades from eyes



Wouldn't any mother be driven mad with rage at the death of one of her children?

In this instance when everything was said and done he produced 4 huge chains knowing that he would need them to pull a dragon from the ice.  He then resurrects the dragon which he will use as his own mount.

He just happened to have 4 big ass chains?
We know it was a trap.

He resurrects his new mount
Metaphorically I think Moridin and the Night King's intentions are the same.  The 2 stories IMO are still on track for an ending that is the same but with a twist thrown in for good measure making them unique.

To read more on how I believe the standoff between Bran and the Night King concludes read the following:  What it means that Bran was touched by the Night King

I made the following comments to this story 2 days later as it is of utmost importance to the twist:

What if Bran gave Arya the dagger not to kill Littlefinger like we all suspect; what if he gave her the dagger because he saw her killing the Night King with it in his visions? Arya comes up behind the Night King as he exists the Crypts and she kills him, who is now Bran, with it. Remember he said it himself "It's all pieces now, fragments. I need to learn to see better." A truer statement was never uttered. This will have the unintended consequence of bringing "Winter" back sooner than expected. Apparently Jon won't have the time that Bran thought he would have. Oh boy, here we go again!

I don’t make changes to my blog except for spelling mistakes after they are written as I stand by what I write.  I will change my theories based upon new information but never will I change my original thoughts.

"If I will die at Tarmon Gai'don, I will die as myself."
   —Rand al'Thor

I believe this will apply to Bran but it will not turn out for him as it did for Rand.


Comments encouraged.  Love to hear the ideas of others.  Most believe that since I present my idea’s as “fact like” I’m not open to change my viewpoints which is far from the truth.  I simply look at the information presented and go from there.  If you can shine a light on another way of thinking that opens the door to debate.

3 comments:

  1. Just like I said the Wights that are connected to the White Walker that created them all die when he is killed:

    http://imgur.com/a/boQj1

    Read the Wheel of Time and you will see how ASOIAF will end. All the haters on Reddit are as quiet as a church mouse now. The were telling me I was crazy for even suggesting anything so absurd but once it happens just like I said it was nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop saying "quiet as a church mouse." i think you'll agree that the silence is merely disinterest. YOU ARE LITERALLY TALKING TO YOURSELF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You prove my point. I know who you are from reddit and you make comments to get karma points because you couldn't see the truth if it slapped you in the face and then when I am proven right you pretend it didn't happen.

      I don't respond back to your trolling and you follow me here, hilarious.

      Delete